Written by President, Chloe Beevers. Please read our AGM report here.
Member Count: We currently have 128 active members / businesses.
Committee Meetings: One each month; 12 in the financial year.
Executive Committee: Quarterly City of Melbourne precinct program meetings and representation at various Council consultation processes and events.
Newsletters: 12 newsletters averaging one per month, as well as special updates and event emails
Events: We hosted 22 social and learning events aimed at connecting and empowering our members, including:
– a Professional development Masterclass series of 5 workshops
– Facilitating City of Melbourne consultation and information sessions with members on various council strategies and small business related matters
– Social events hosted by and showcasing a wide range of member businesses
– We ran over 30 public tours – sketching, photography, famil, laneway member tours, discover CBD tours
– Over summer our Drag Santa was available for photos with members of the public, engaged with around a thousand people
Conferences: Commbank SmallBiz Week trade show expo stand at Marvel Stadium which attracted a wave of new members and raised awareness of the association.
Awards: Finalist in the Mainstreet Australia awards, recognising our work to activate the city.